Car Club Desktop

Annual Car Club Excess Insurance

Annual excess insurance cover for car rentals

If you hire a car from a rental company or a car club, such as Zipcar or City Car Club and it is damaged or stolen, you will be expected to pay an amount towards the repair or replacement. This is called an excess or a deductible and can be upwards of £1,000. Car hire excess insurance is designed to reimburse your excess if you need to make a claim.

Car Club Excess Insurance from insurance4carhire is our Annual Europe Car Hire Excess Insurance policy and covers the excess on your car club rentals in the UK and car rentals in Europe for a year.

from £44.99

Buy Now

What does this policy cover?

What's included

Below is a summary of the key features and benefits of our car hire excess policy.

For full details, please see the policy wording.

  • The excess on damage and theft up to a maximum of £6,500 cover in total, per year
  • Drivers aged between 21 and 85 inclusive
  • Rental periods of up to 60 consecutive days 
  • Cover for up to seven additional drivers (so long as they’re named in your rental agreement)
  • Misfuelling and car key cover – each up to £500 per claim (max. £2,000 per year)
  • Flat battery cover up to £1,000 per year
  • Late pick-up charges due to unscheduled flight delays
  • Car club rentals in the UK and general car rentals in Europe. See the full list of countries covered on the 'Where can I drive?' section on our homepage
  • Cover for your courtesy car (the vehicle loaned to you while your rental car is being repaired).

What's not included

Below are some of the key exclusions you need to be aware of.

Full details can be found in the policy wording.

  • Car rentals in which the insurance4carhire policy holder is not the lead driver on the rental agreement
  • Cars worth more than £120,000 or over 10 years old
  • Policies purchased after the collection of your rental vehicle
  • Cover for off-road driving
  • Commercial vehicles, motorbikes, camper vans, mobile homes, vans or any vehicle with more than nine seats, visit our van hire excess insurance page
  • Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) or Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI). Most rental policies include this, but some (notably in the US) do not. If you need CDW and SLI cover, visit our Annual Worldwide Plus CDW & SLI page.
View Policy Documentation

Car Club Excess Insurance FAQs

Insurance 4 Car Hire logo
Help Icon


Haven't been able to find the answer to your question using the FAQs page? Visit our contact us page.

Payment Icon


We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard and Maestro cards.

Security Icon


Secure payment. Your payment is safe with us.

Faqs Icon


For more information, or to find the answers to frequently asked questions please consult the FAQs.