Claiming is easy; an expert claims handling service provided by Direct Group is available to all insurance4carhire customers. All you need to do is:
If there’s an issue or you have a question, simply call the team for assistance.
Show the rental company a copy of your insurance4carhire policy and they can contact the claims team on your behalf. That way the rental company can claim the money from the insurer and you won’t be left out of pocket.
IMPORTANT: So that your claim is processed as efficiently as possible, please return your completed claim form to the claims team together with the following items and supporting documentation (if emailing your claim, you can scan it and attach to the email):
- Your Certificate of Insurance from insurance4carhireThis is the first page of your policy documents from insurance4carhire (you would have received this by email when you started the policy but if you need a copy let us know)
- Copy of your rental agreementThis is the agreement you signed when you picked up your rental car
- A copy of your charge receipt from the companyThis is just your card receipt to show the excess you’ve paid
- Your copy of the accident damage report from the rental companyYou might not receive this straight away but don’t worry, just get it to the team when you can. It’s usually a diagram of the vehicle which outlines the damage caused and is just evidence to show the damage caused to the vehicle.
- A police report if you've been given oneThis is only needed if the incident required the attendance of the police. This will be issued by the police.
- Where applicable - invoices / receipts / other documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of accident / damage / loss etc. for which the rental company holds you responsible
Lastly, so we can reimburse the excess straight to you, we will require your sort code and account details.
Direct Group Limited
Phone: 0344 854 2063
Fax: 0344 412 4158
Failure to provide full documentation may jeopardise the reimbursement of your costs.